Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wake Me Up When September Ends

The final two pieces of artwork from my very intensive and highly productive “September Sessions” will be released on Sunday, October 5th at the same time. These last two pieces of art will more than likely be the last uploaded to my website or art accounts for the rest of the year.

Unless something extraordinary happens, I don’t see myself finishing or creating new artworks until early 2009.

It has a been a rather productive month and while I do not like my current situation, this past year has been a good one to me. I was very successful with my art actually being displayed in an art show, my Trent Reznor portrait was published in a foreign magazine, I got to take a picture with Chester Bennington of Linkin Park, I went to a lot of concerts with my brother Jaime, and I have an apartment up in Denton.

While next week looks to be another physically and mentally enduring time for my life, I am making a promise to myself not to fall into darkness. I need to remain strong in these coming weeks that are ahead of me. I am making a promise not to let negative thoughts or acting on angry emotions get the best of me.

I promise to be strong as I can be.

Oh, and hopefully not miss The Sarah Connor Chronicles. lol!

No comments: