Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez

Monday, January 14, 2008

First Day of the Spring Semester

Well, today was the first day of classes for the Spring semester. I had Life Drawing and Painting 1 again. I don't know, maybe it was the cold, gloomy weather or the grey skies, but I felt really displaced. The first days of class aren't usually anything but discussing the rules, syllabus, and all that jazz. However, I felt like an alien. Like if there was no reason for being there. It was sad.

Suddenly there was no point to staying in a classroom again. But alas, maybe it was just the cold weather. After Life Drawing I put on my headphones and started to listen to Placebo's "Without You I'm Nothing" album on my Zune; which mind you, has the overly awesome first track, "Pure Morning". It made me feel a little better as I made the really long walk to the bookstore to buy the Life Drawing book. After that, I went to the Kazen center and just people watched as I listened to the rest of the album and killed time for the Painting class.

I managed to get two Coke-A-Cola bottle caps from messy people who don't like cleaning up after themselves. For those who don't know, I collect the codes from the bottle caps and enter them at MyCokeRewards.com. I could have got more if I really tried, but I decided to go spend the remaning of the hour at the art building.

Oh, yesturday I got to see the premire of The Sarah Connor Chronicles on Fox. I didn't know what to expect. In fact I didn't know anything about it at all, other then it's Terminator related. So anyway, I have to say that the first episode was pretty interesting. At first I was confused as to when the show took place in the timeline. (I'm pretty sure it takes place after, Terminator 2: Judgement Day) But after that, it was pretty cool. I think this show is going to wind up contradicting Terminator 3 and the upcoming movie with Christian Bale, but fuck it, right?

I also didn't mind that they made the Terminator a female, but it did feel like the creators obviously wanted to compete with NBC's The Bionic Woman. The only problem I had with her was that THEY MADE HER EAT! Come on, people! Terminators don't eat. Shit, robots don't even eat. That was obviously just a ploy to make her more human as oppose to a lifeless killing machine. Oh, well. The show seems interesting enough. The next episode is tonight, so let's see if it's still cool.

Well, before I close this I just wanted to say my respects to the Dallas Cowboys, who after a pretty great season, lost to the New York Giants last night. Twas sad. You could literally feel the dissappointment in my dad. While I was always making fun of the Cowboys (or football in general) I secretly did root for them. It would have been nice to see the rematch between the Cowboys and the Packers.

Oh, well. Here's hoping the Packers fucking destroy the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Cause the Patriots suck. They suck, they suck, they suck!

Anyway, I have a doctor's appointment tomarrow in San Antonio. They're going to be running more tests and CAT scans, and.. well.. you get the picture. With that said, I don't think I'll be posting anything tomarrow, but I will the following day. Oh, wells.

Peace, everyone!

No comments: