Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez

Thursday, January 24, 2008

All You Rock & Rollers



Ain't no party in the sad, sad, city!

I snagged me tickets to go see Ghostland Observatory next month in Austin, Texas! Ow! Yah! It's a CD release party too. I hadn't realized the new disc was already going to come out. Regardless, it's gunna be a non-stop disco and I can't wait. For those of you cats who don't know who they are, Ghostland Observatory are an indie band from Austin Texas. Their sound is a mix of dance, electro-pop, and new wave. They have two albums that they self-released at the moment, with a third one comming in March.

Two months ago, I never even knew about these guys. It was until my friend Fausto introduced me to their second album in mid-December that I got to listen to them. Needless to say, after that I was hooked. They're so awesome and a lot of fun to watch live. Ghostland is the closest thing to really capture the kind of music I would like to make. The frontman, Aaron moves so organicly and has a very flamboyant character to him that will remind you of Freddy Mercury. He sings so well live too, despite constantly dancing around. It's awesome!

The Ghostland Observatory MySpace Page

No comments: