Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez

Monday, November 3, 2008

23, and still an emo kiddo.


I was prescribed Lorazepam today after a visit to my doctor. It's a benzo that will control my anxiety. Which is good, cause I've been having it pretty shitty since last week. I find myself extremely (yes, extremely) jittery and just as emotional if I'm drunk and depressed. I mean, it's pretty normal for me to cry like a baby during the ending to "Terminator 2" or "The Sixth Sense" while I am sober and fine. But these days I start tearing up watching Barack Obama make a speech as I my mind races with everything that is at stake if the old, white, fucker and his MILF wins this election. If I see or read anything remotely inspiring or uplifting, I start to tear up like a little girl watching the Jonah's Brothers in concert for the first time.

I hate it. It hurts more than you'd think too. Which is strange, but that's what's going on. I haven't taken the pills yet, as I am waiting for a few hours before I go to sleep. I hope they can help me out on that department. I hate waking up drenched in my cold sweat.

Anyway, tomorrow is the big day. Let's see if America is ready to let go of history and actually move forward for once. I have little hope in humanity, so please prove to me we are ready to get away from the same bullshit we've have had to endure all our lives.

Till, then. Buh-bye.

No comments: