Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New MySpace 2.0 Layout



I just spent the last 2 and half hours trying to really perfect my new MySpace layout, cause I'm that much a loser. Well really in all honesty, what do you expect when you're a starving artist/person trying to get your artwork and name out to the public? You have to invest a lot of time into marketing and advertising yourself. In a lot of ways, it’s just as important as the artwork cause you’re representing yourself and what you do. The way you present yourself in public and the internet has to reflect who you really are as a person and artist and what it is you do.

As an artist who draws, paints, and writes poetry, it’s a slightly more difficult to get a kind of audience or fan base around these kinds of social networking sites like MySpace and Facebook because it’s not as conventional as artists who do music. So you’re having to compete against musicians and bands whom’s art is a lot more accessible. I mean, you can have a playlist of your favorite songs on MySpace, but you can’t really start a “favorite artwork slideshow” in your profile. It’s not fair of me to expect the website to start that kind of feature or to even really acknowledge traditional artist pages, so I’m just going to use these resources already available to me to the best that I can.

That’s why I try to go all out in my social networking profile.

Anywho, tell me what you think of the new layout. Critics wanted!

No comments: