Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez

Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm sick, Bird.. I'M SYCK!!

It’s Sunday night and after a nice mellow week in Laredo, it’s time to face the unforgiving glow of light that is reality. The final half of the semester is upon us. I have felt very crappy all day long and am in serious need of bucking up before the morning. I’ve been on the Dayquil for sometime, and I can only hope to get better.


So this past Spring Break I was mostly out and about from time to time. I got to see theSTART in San Antonio one Tuesday which was a lot of fun. I got to hang out with Aimee Echo (singer) and Chelsea Davis (drummer) most of the entire night. I got to talk to them about their music and their future plans for the group. (They even signed my Green Day bag.)

Since they have also been experimenting with their new project Normandie, I also asked them about where they were taking that band. Aimee said they really wanted to put out a full length album, which should be really neat. We can expect the collection of B-sides by theSTART to come out before the Normandie record, but it’s a for sure thing to expect the Normandie record before we get to hear a proper follow-up to “Ciao Baby.”

Expect some great photos of theSTART to appear on my various art accounts and websites throughout the week. I got some good shots and am eager to share them out. (Obviously, the photo above is a taste of what to expect.)

Anyways, this week is set to be a busy one. I’m going to have to really sit down and try to paint the new assignments for my Painting II class. One is a self portrait and the other is a photo of scenery that I took a photo of. I also want to break out of oil paints and try my hand at acrylics, which could very well be considered suicide. I don’t think experimenting so late in the game is a wise idea, but to be frank, I’m really disliking oils. They’re more of a pain in the ass than anything. I think what irks me the most about them is that they take forever to dry.

Well I’d like to write more since I hardly wrote any entries all week, but as I have mentioned, I haven’t really felt like myself these past two days. So I am going to call it a night. Thanks for stopping by and reading.

Before I forget, throughout the week I will be releasing each episode of the popular YouTube web series “Lowering Standards with Pedro” on my Facebook profile. So each day of this week you can look forward to the hilarious adventures of Lil’ Peter Pedro and his wacky friends. Currently, Episode 1 (which has long since been banned from YouTube) is uploaded. Expect another episode once a day, all week through Friday. Buh-bye for now.

No comments: