Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez

Monday, May 4, 2009

Dead Week

It’s almost over!

Woah, it’s been a hell of a semester. I can imagine how insanely slow LCC must be if I were to go back doing the amount of work that I do now on a full schedule. It’d be child’s play. It wouldn’t even compare. This experience has taught me just how much I can take and I love it! I feel so challenged and the stress feels good on the skin baby. Even physically I am able to take much more and I don’t feel as tired. I’ve done so much, and I am actually looking forward to more semesters here. I think I am enjoying taking up the “work oriented” role because it makes me focused on things that actually matter and not so much trivial BS that some of my fellow peers try to struggle with. Plus, in the rare occasion that I do get nights off it makes it oh-so-sweeter.

Unfortunately, what does suck is sometimes I have to miss out on certain events. For instance, I was so disappointed that I didn’t get to go out to Louie’s 21st birthday party at Hailey’s. It was 90’s night, and I had my grungy pants and Nirvana t-shirt ready to go. But both me and the Jamester had to skip out because we had way too much work to finish up. : (

So tomorrow I have the dreaded “review” that many of my classmates have been talking about. Basically, what this means is that the “big wigs” (I guess the head guys of the Painting and Drawing college) are going to review our “5 best paintings” of both Painting I and Painting II classes. Only problem of this is, I took Painting I in LCC and I don’t have any of those paintings with me! Luckly, I do have 5 paintings that I have done and all of them are some of my best work. If they are reviewed well enough, I can move on to the Intermediate Painting classes. (That said, those I have talked to about this all say it’s a very easy review.) So to be honest, I am not really that nervous.

Despite the movie reviews, I really want to see “Wolverine” and the upcoming, “Star Trek.” But all this work has had me to skip out on such things. I’ve also really wanted to see “Crank 2: High Voltage” and “Adventureland” because I want to see mindless awesome action.



Oh, I finally got to see “Funny Games” (US Version) last night based on everybody’s recommendation. I thought it was a little overrated, and while I love what the director tried to get at.. I felt it could have been slightly more interesting. It also wasn’t as graphic as I thought it would be. Somehow the trailer looks more sinister than the actual movie. Regardless, it had it’s good moments and the potential to really say something in the time of “Hostel” and “Saw” films.

Hmm. Now I want to see more “torture” films. I think Mr. Haneke just proved his point.

“You shouldn’t forget the importance of entertainment.”

No comments: