Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I ain’t no fucking hero.

I’m just trying to survive myself.



Where does a healthy mental strength come from? Is it the ability to stop caring? Tyler says, that to lose all hope is to be free. But what’s the point of being free if those around you are locked inside their own cells.

Sometimes I want to leave my private Gotham City and go back to my dark and desolate Basin City. I can’t take the idea of letting my city rot before my eyes. I can’t stop it and those around me tell me to let go. “Let the chips fall were they may.”

Even my professor told me. “Don’t be a hero.”

So what’s the point then? Let everything fall apart and go about my way no matter how many times I may step into the corrupt and depressing red vomit it leaves all over the floor? Then what do I accomplish like that? Why this constant loop of running within square one?

No comments: